Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Taking a Tumble

Adam and I just faced the scariest thing we have ever faced with Kaylee.  She fell down the uncarpeted, metal-lined, linoleum stairs.  Now before you start making accusations and judgments as to what kind of parents we are, you must know that the stairs are often blocked from her reach.  Tonight was an unusual circumstance.  Tonight the A/C guy is here to fix our air.  Summer has finally hit and it is almost 90 degrees in our house.  I worry about Kaylee being too hot at night.  Anyways, all that to say the fix-it guy is here making things different than usual.

Adam was on the floor with Kaylee here in the living room.  We had the doors to the kitchen closed so that Kaylee could not get to the stairs.  Adam got up to answer the guy's question, leaving one of the kitchen doors open, thinking that since he was right there she would be fine.  Well, the fix-it dude asked to see the furnace and of course Adam said, "Sure, yeah, it is right down here," and showed the guy the way down the basement stairs.

During this whole event I was watching music videos on youtube trying to find a song to sing for Michael's wedding.  I half saw Adam leave the room and talk to the A/C dude, but never noticed the door.  After about 5 seconds I realized I had not heard Kaylee talking.  Panic hit me!  I jumped up to find her, hoping that she was anywhere but overlooking the stairs.  As soon as my foot hit the tile floor in the kitchen I heard her start to tumble.  Adam had just turned to come back up and caught her about 2/3 of the way down.

We called her pediatrician and she told us to check her eyes for dilation and that as long as she is not throwing-up we do not need to take her in to the ER.  She also advised us to check on her before we go to bed and that if she stirs she should be fine.

Please be praying for her.  I know the doctor says everything is ok, but as a first time mom this sort of thing makes me nervous.  Proverbs 3:5-6

Joyful Moment of the Day:  Hearing Kaylee giggle after holding her and kissing her tear-stained bruised face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...