Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Can't Believe my Brother is Married

Since I have had time to contemplate the weekend, I now see that I really still can't believe my brother is married, let alone old enough to be married.  I remember when Michael was born.  It was not an exciting event for me as a 5 year old.  I remember getting to pick out my own clothes and my mom not being super excited about Dad letting me dress myself.  My least favorite thing about Michael's birth was that he was allergic to everything.  I had a cat named Ben and I LOVED him.  Michael came and that meant giving Ben away to a farmer.  I was not very happy with having a baby in the house.

Over the past 23 years we have definitely had our ups and downs.  I had a thing for scaring Michael any chance I got and he had at thing for getting me into trouble.  We fought like cats and dogs as kids.  When I left for college, Michael and I started getting along and talking more like adults.  We became fast, close friends.  We were able to attend school together for a while and sing on a praise team together.  Great memories have been made over the past several years with my brother.

As he is now a married man, I am excited to see how our relationship changes and grows.  I also look forward to getting to know Rachel better and having her as a part of the family.

Congratulations Michael and Rachel!

Joyful Moment of the Day: Watching a movie in an air conditioned house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...