Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Michael's Big Wedding Weekend

The weekend started off early Thursday morning.  We landed in Denver at about 8 am.  We went to Michael's apartment as soon as we got into town and Michael talked me into riding with him and Daniel to pick up Lori from the airport.  Adam took Kaylee and went with my parents back to the hotel to put Kaylee down for a nap while I ran with Michael and Daniel.  Lori was so fun to meet and get to know!  She is so vibrant and exciting!  I am really happy for Daniel.  He found a really great girl!  I was really glad I went with them so I could get to know her without everyone else around.  That afternoon Adam and I took Kaylee swimming and then spent the evening with my parents, Mema and Pepa, and Nannie and Aunt Shelia.

Friday was a little bit of a crazy day.  We went to Time Well Spent's warehouse and then went to lunch with Mema and Pepa.  Friday afternoon I went with Dad to Target and then went back to the hotel and Michael and all the guys picked me up to run errands with them before the rehearsal.  It was fun to hang out with Skylar, Michael, and Daniel again!  They are goofy when they are together.  I laugh a lot with all of them!  It was also fun to see Kenyon and Matt!  I spent some time with Michael chatting about stress and what not and then we finally headed back for the rehearsal.  The rehearsal started later than expected, but was pretty quick.  There was a whole fiasco with Daniel and Skylar missing the rehearsal, but that is for another time.  After the rehearsal was dinner at Annie's Diner and it was super yummy!  Friday night ended with a great practice with our college praise team which consisted of Daniel, Skylar, Jonie, Michael, and myself.  It was a long night, but great memories were created and I will forever be grateful for that time together.

Saturday we met Uncle Joel, Aunt Pam, their kids, Papa, Grandma, Uncle David, Uncle Dennis, Mom, Dad, and Aunt Shelia for lunch.  It was fun to catch up with them.  Then, we went back to the hotel and got ready for the wedding.  The wedding was beautiful and a great example of Michael and Rachel's love for God.  After the wedding and the reception we went back to the hotel and put Kaylee to bed for the night.  Mom and Dad kept an eye on her while Adam and I played boardgames with Nic and Allison downstairs.  After a few games we went to Village Inn with Michael, Rachel, and the wedding party.  It was so much fun to hang out and have one more memorable moment before heading out the next day.

Sunday we packed up, ate a quick breakfast, and then headed home.  It was a long day ending a long weekend.  I was tired and napped as soon as we got home.

I am so happy for Michael and Rachel!  It was a fun weekend, too short, but really fun!

Joyful Moment of the Day:  My brother is a married man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...