Thursday, October 7, 2010

Stress, Rejuvenation, Games, and Friends

Things have been really stressful for me lately.  We have had crazy busy schedules and I suppose my being pregnant has effected my ability to handle as much stuff as I usually do. However, I am hoping that the next few weekends lift my spirits and help me relieve the stress that my poor body has succumbed to.

Tomorrow I am going to women's retreat with our church. I am really looking forward to a weekend away where I can spend some time with God and hopefully get some rejuvenation from Him.  I am also going to have the opportunity to spend some time among friends.  My hope is that this weekend can be a time of refreshing my spirit and of relaxation.

Next weekend we have our "House Con." Adam is super excited about this extravaganza of course!  We will be having 3 full days of gaming.  It has been a while since I have gotten to play some games so I must admit I am looking forward to it.  That and the fact that we are planning on having quite a crowd so I will be acting as hostess and making chili for everyone.  I am really looking forward to that.

The weekend after the next my best friend Meggan, her husband Trevor, and beautiful daughter Addison will be coming to visit.  I am really looking forward to having friends visit.  I am also excited about watching Kaylee and Addison play together.  It will be the icing on the cake of October.  Friends always bring about the encouragement and strength that you can only get when they are around.  I can't wait!

Joyful Moment of the Day: My husband made tacos for dinner and it was ready when I got home.  It was sooo good!  We watched Survivor while eating dinner and it made for a great hour together before he headed off to Liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...