Saturday, May 28, 2011

Toddler Dilemma

Kaylee was a good sleeper until about 5 weeks after moving to her big girl bed.  All of a sudden she started getting up and standing at the door crying. At first, we jumped up to see what was wrong as this was not normal for her. After several weeks of this we began to try different solutions, none seeming to work.  After Ella was born, shortly after my parents left, Adam and I decided to take a step back and do nothing. "Let her cry" became our motto. It worked. Her crying became less and less until she just stayed in her bed, cried for about 1 minute and then got quiet. Soon, she didn't cry at all and stayed in bed.

Within the last couple of weeks, the crying started up again. I am unsure when because my lack of sleep is pushing all my days and nights together. Since we have been back from my parent's house (we were there for 5 days last week) she has now been waking up several times at night as well. She does not seem scared, she just wakes up and wants up. She starts crying again as soon as we leave her room. (We have been leaving her door open with the hall light on the last few nights.) Also, she has a night light in her room.

I say all of this to say that I am tired of fighting this and I am looking for any advice that you as parents of older children (out of this stage) have.  We have tried just about everything. There is what is called the "sleep lady shuffle" that we have not tried. I have read her book, but know of nobody personally that has done the shuffle so I am not sure if I really want to put in the time and energy that it calls for. If you have done it, and it worked for you, then please tell me how you did it and how long it took.  I am exhausted and just want tear free nights once again so I am willing to try anything.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...