Saturday, September 7, 2013

Chicken Tortilla Soup

One of my goals in being a better mother and wife is to cook healthier food (more veggies please).

I first tried this soup at a Women's Bible Study luncheon at my church and loved it! The wonderful lady that made it, handed out the recipe so I am sure she would not mind if I shared her fabulous recipe.

Chicken Tortilla Soup
Ingredients:
1 of each - red, yellow, green, orange bell pepper (diced)
1 onion (diced)
1 whole rotisserie chicken (meat removed from bone)
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of corn (drained)
1 package of Uncle Ben's spanish rice
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 carton chicken broth

Directions:
Saute' onion and peppers. (I have skipped this and it still tastes the same.)
Throw everything into crockpot. Cook on High 2-4 hours. Low 6-8 hours.

Top with cheese, fritos, tomatoes, or even guacamole. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...