Saturday, March 31, 2012

5 Passions - Check

What are 5 passions you have?

1. Following Jesus - He is my lifeline. My rock. My fortress. My provider. My strength. My savior. He offers me rest when I am weary. He gives me hope when I am down. He provides peace when I am unsettled and He fills me with joy when I am struggling. My only reaction can be passion for following Him.

2. Working with teenagers - As a former teenager I know that the decisions you make in highschool effect the rest of your life and they stay with you always. For that reason, I am very passionate about sharing my story with teenagers in hopes that they will not make the mistakes that I made and choose to follow Jesus wholeheartedly.

3. Friendship - If I expect my friends to be good friends, I have to be a good friend in return. In my friends I look for loyalty and trust, accountability and reliability. Now that I know what real true authentic friendship looks like, I have a hard time settling for anything else.

4. Music - If you read any of my blogs before this one, you know I love music. I want to share this passion with my girls so there are lots of days that I will just turn on the music and we have our own little dance parties right here at home.

5. Marriage - In my short life I have seen lots of marriages fail. So according to the world's standard, Adam and I set ourselves up for failure by getting married. I have such a huge passion to stay hopelessly in love with my husband. To see our relationship grow and not be stagnant. We have always made the effort to study "marriage" at least once a year by reading books, listening to sermons, being in accountability groups, or by going to a marriage conference. My heart's prayer is that we reflect Jesus in our relationship and that we die in our old age happily married.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...