Sunday, March 25, 2012

Parents - Check

Describe your relationship with your parents.

My Momma and I are a lot alike in that we are both loud and opinionated.  She is my confidant and my friend. I can call her when I need prayer or friend advice. She is helpful and extremely caring. Her cooking could outdo just about anyone else's. (Especially the holiday meals!) God has given her a voice that is magnificent. When she sings, the birds stop to listen.



My Daddy and I are alike too in that we like a lot of the same things like books, movies, games, etc. He is my protector and my friend. He is comforting and gives great advice. I can call him and know he will answer the phone no matter how early or late I call. God has given him a heart to serve others and he is very passionate about doing so.


When I was younger my parents guided and directed me and showed me the way. Now that I am older and have children of my own our relationship has changed. I still seek them for their wisdom and discernment in different situations, but I see them as special friends instead of the authority that they once were in my life.

I am truly blessed to have such God-honoring parents that not only love and serve God, but also love and serve one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...