Wednesday, April 4, 2012

10 People - Check

 List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.

I am going to try to do this through time. Maybe it will help you understand the complexity that is me.

1. My Parents - Yeah, I know they had their own blog, but really they were the first to start influencing me. They are after all my parents. My parents have stuck together through the hard times. They have had lots of fun together (and still do). They taught me how to sing and how to say my ABC's. They let me have dogs and cats. They gave me my first caboodle. They showed me discipline out of love. And they directed me towards Jesus my Savior. They are pretty awesome! They are my role models and I admire them deeply.

2. My Brother - He has grown from an annoying little brother to an amazing man of God. We have gone from being enemies to close friends. He is a hard-working motivated young man and I am so very proud of him. He asks tough questions and gives great advice. He challenges me to be a better Mom and a better wife and I am extremely grateful for him.

3. My Family - Papa and Grandma - taught me to be open to visitors and being a good hostess. Nanny and Granddaddy - taught me to love playing games and to make good food for your company. Mema and Pepa -taught me that family is important and you should spend time with them every chance you get. Uncle Rick and Aunt Wendy - taught me that there is a way to love others in spite of long distances between you. Uncle Dennis and Aunt Mary - taught me that you should be involved in your children's activities. Uncle David and Aunt Dawn - taught me to have a gentle spirit with my children. Uncle Joel and Aunt Pam - taught me to have fun with my children and to take them places. Uncle Billy and Aunt Patty - taught me that distance does not have to get in the way of getting to know someone. Aunt Debbie - taught me to be kind heart-ed and to serve my children. Uncle Steve and Aunt Debbie - taught me to let my children be themselves. Uncle Marvin and Aunt Dena - taught me that family is a strong bond and that God binds us together. Uncle Gary and Aunt Shelia - taught me to cherish and nourish the relationship that I have with my family. Uncle John and Aunt Leisa - taught me that marriage takes work, but it is worth the effort. Rachel - taught me to love others and serve them no matter who they are or how they act.

4. Pastor Tim - He was my Pastor for a very long time. As my Pastor he guided me and gave me clear direction through his preaching. He came to see me the multiple times I was in the hospital. He even flew out to Indianapolis to officiate my and Adam's wedding which was so very important to me. This shows his love and compassion for the body of believers. He makes time for his family and still serves the church.

5. Maggie V. and Amber C.- These are two of the greatest friends I had growing up. They both knew everything there was to know about me and they still liked me!!! They both kept all of my secrets. They gave me advice and direction when I needed it. They cried with me. Laughed with me. And acted silly with me. The biggest thing is that they both challenged me in my walk with Christ. I admire who these women were then and for who they have become. They are women of integrity and honor and I feel blessed to know them and call them friends.

6. Kimberly H. - My first friend at Vennard. She made school lots of fun as she was my partner in crime when it came to pranks. She brought other wonderful people into my life. She was and still is a very good friend.  She is good wife and a good mom. She encourages me in my relationship with Adam and in my relationship with God.She is trustworthy and compassionate. She challenges me to stay productive and organized. She does a great job of keeping in touch and checking up on me in spite of the distance between us.

7. Meggan S. - She gave me a chance when others did not. In school she was the dancing queen. She is a fashion diva. She is such a great example to me of being a faithful follower of Christ. She understands me. She addresses the tough issues in my life, but she also knows when I just need someone to listen. If I needed her here, she would be here. Even with her toddler and infant in tow. She loves her husband and her kids and does a great job of serving them. She is a Godly example of how we should always be striving to follow Him daily. Even though she is far away, we remain close.

8. Adam - He is my hero. This man loves me on the good and bad days. He challenges me to be a better person and to make good decisions. He reminds me to be loving and to have a servant's heart. He works hard and provides for our little family. He is loyal and devoted. He buys me flowers even though he considers them a waste of money. He lets me have nights off and lets me sleep in. God made someone spectacular when He made him. I am so blessed to call him mine.

9. Mark and Markita - The best in-laws a person can have. They are so gracious and have such a heart for blessing their family. They give great advice. They are hard workers. They serve others. They follow Jesus diligently and share Him by they way they live and the way they guide and direct their children. They gave me a handsome young man to marry. I could not ask for better in-laws and I am so very blessed to have them in my life.

10. Kaylee and Elanor - My girls teach me daily the areas that I still need to grow in the Lord. They are also a great reminder of our sin nature and the need to pray against it. They make me joyful and grateful for the blessings that God gives to me. They are my sunshine. I love them dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...