Friday, April 27, 2012

Forgive - Check

What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?


Probably my own stupidity in high school. Forgiving myself for turning away from everything that I was taught was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

I actually can even pinpoint the time that I started to forgive myself. I was at an event called Dare2Share and the speaker asked us to write on a sheet of paper something that we are so ashamed of and feel as though God could never forgive us for that sin. I wrote my sin on that tiny sheet of paper as tears filled my eyes and poured down my cheeks. Then the speaker had us tear it up into tiny pieces and hold it tightly in our hands to represent our last moment bearing this burden alone, and to openly ask God to forgive us of the sin that we have held on to for so long. After a few minutes of prayer, the youth leaders (my Uncle Rick in my case) came around to collect the little pieces left and in our ears whispered, "You are forgiven." I sobbed like a baby as I watched him carry my sin that I had buried and held on to, up to the cross.

At that moment, the process of forgiving myself began.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...