Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Family Dynamic - Check

Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.

My family has always been very open in sharing what is going on in our lives with one another. I honestly believe that is because we moved a lot and since friendships take time to form, we simply were each other's friends.

Now I have shared before that one of my biggest regrets in my kid years was not being friends with my brother. While that is true, there is some element of friendship that was there, it just mostly included me aggravating him until he would play Barbies with me.

Over time our friendships have all changed.

My relationship with my Mom and Dad went from a parent-child relationship to a friendship. My relationship with my brother has changed from a sibling relationship to that of close friends.

Now that Michael and I are married and have families of our own, it bums me out that we all live far away from one another.

I love my family and am so grateful for them.

I want my kids to know and love them they way that I do.

Maybe some day we will live closer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...