Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Future - Check

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?


5 years - Done having babies. Done potty training my children. (NO MORE DIAPERS!!!) Living in the country. My and Adam's parents close by. College loans paid off. Probably teaching my girls if we decide to homeschool.  Regular date nights with the husband, thanks to family living close by. (And Katie driving?!?) Planning a cruise with my besties. (Let's get on this girls!) Adam still working for the government. Both girls know Jesus at this point and hopefully have made a choice to follow Him. Adam and I are involved with youth ministry at our church.

10 years - Still living in the country. Still close to family. Regular game nights. Lots of traveling to see friends. Adam thinks he will be bald with a pudge belly. I will probably have a Mom hairdo by then since I will almost be 40. Adam and I will be planning our 20 year wedding anniversary trip and continuing to make our marriage a priority. Watching the girls play sports and participate in gymnastics. Lots of slumber parties. And painted nails. Youth trips for Kaylee. All of us doing some sort of ministry at church together.

15 years - Hopefully, still living in the country near family. Kaylee will be about to graduate highschool and go to college. Elanor will be driving. Adam and I will be turning gentleman callers away that are coming by to get our approval to date our girls. By this time I hope I have seen Niagara Falls and Mt Rushmore. I also hope that I have went on a cruise and been to Disney World. I hope our girls are following Jesus and are leaders to others around them when it comes to sharing their faith. Adam and I actively pursuing each other and falling deeper in love with each other daily. Continuing ministry together as a family.


This will be fun to look back on later. Even though it was harder to write than I expected it to be, I am glad that I have a reminder of things that I would like to have accomplished before I am in my 40's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...