Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Parent's Dream

I know. I know. This is not one the 30 things list, but I am just in one of those moods where I HAVE TO WRITE!

Today was any Parent's dream.

I had the entire day to myself. I didn't feed anyone else. (Ok I did feed the cat before I left, but I am not counting that because it took all of 30 seconds and he didn't fight with me about whether or not that was what he wanted to eat.) I didn't carry anyone else's bag around all day. I didn't have to buckle anyone else in. I didn't have to stop for anyone else's diaper changes or potty breaks. I didn't have to plan around anyone else. It was an entire day to do what I wanted to do and did not include running errands.

Now before you think I hate my life and that I am a bad parent for wanting the day off, I must tell you I love my family. I love being home with my girls and taking care of my house. It was my dream to someday stay home with my children and God has blessed us with the ability for me to do just that.

But. There comes a time when Momma needs a break. No plans. No schedule to keep. Just a relaxing day to do whatever.

That was my day.

Thankfully the girls woke up late today so Adam and I were able to sleep in until 9. So, I got up, made some coffee, and went to get gas in the truck. (Adam is so lucky I drove it today because he would have been walking to get gas at some point since he did not realize his truck was more empty than empty.) Then, I headed to the hospital to see my friends Kendra and Nick and take some pictures of their beautiful twins, Sadie Sue and Sylas. Afterwards, I ran through McDonalds and headed towards Joann Fabrics and Target where I simply walked around and looked at everything. Then, I went to Starbucks for Frappuccino Happy Hour and tried the new Mocha Cookie Crumble. (Tastes yummy, but it is not much different than the Java Chip Frap as it has the java chip in it. - sidebar: I think that it should have cookie crumble in it instead) Anyways, have you every been to a store called Tuesday Morning? Well, because I was curious as to what it was, that is where I went next. Everything was everywhere. And the organizer in me couldn't handle how unorganized the place was so I didn't stay in there very long, but it was a very interesting store. Next, I met my friend Annie for some Mexican food at La Hacienda and then we went to Dave and Buster's to play games for a bit. After that we walked around Toys R Us and the mall. The last thing we did was go exchange the wallet I had bought earlier at Target. (I know it is lame, but the wallet was just way too small for all my stuff.) Now I am going to finish this blog, turn on some Netflix, and organize my new much bigger wallet.

And I must admit. I missed my family today.

I also must admit. It was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...