Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Baby Birds

If you read my last blog, you read that a lot of the 10 things I would like to be remembered for have to do with my personal walk with Christ. Lately, I have found myself avoiding personal one-on-one time with my Creator. Which makes it really hard for me to be remembered for those things when I am not doing them.

Recently, Adam and I changed the outside lighting on the house and much to our surprise we found a nest full of baby birds. (We thought the nest was empty.) Over the last two weeks all of us have been watching the birds. Adam was sure that they were not going to live since we moved their home to the ground next to where it once was. I just knew they were going to survive. They just had too!  Tonight we were all outside and Kaylee accidentally bumped the light with the rake and all 4 birds flew out one at a time. It was so crazy and amazing at the same time. I was proud of them and thankful that they made it. Adam pointed out then that they were sparrows.

Matthew 6:26 says, "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

Matthew 10:29-31 says,"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."

As I was thinking about the day's events, I thought of these two passages. And I realized that He knew exactly what I have been needing these last few weeks.

To be reminded that I am valuable to Him.

I hope that this encourages you as much as it encourages me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...