Friday, July 20, 2012

The Grass is Always Greener

I am sure you have heard the phrase. Well, in my case it is literally the truth. My neighbor has such a beautiful yard. An oasis.




Especially compared to my dry dead yard.




She spends countless hours and dollars to keep her yard looking wonderful. Seeing her and her workers diligently take care of her yard day in and day out, I am reminded of the work it takes to maintain other things in life.

Relationships. Weight. Money. Home.

All of these things require hours of work, maintenance, and growth in order to make them beautiful and extraordinary.

I am going to be completely honest with you. Sometimes I let my laziness keep me from doing what needs to be done. It holds me back from having something lovely. Something well maintained and groomed. Hopefully, from here on, my neighbor's yard will be a constant reminder to me that if I put forth extra effort and energy I will have beautiful worthwhile results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...