Wednesday, October 17, 2012

6 AM

For 2 weeks now, I have been waking up at 6. Surprised? I certainly am. I know I have mentioned it before, but I am NOT a morning person. So when God started convicting me of the attitude and heart that I have throughout the day from my lack of time not only with Him, but also for myself, I was shocked that a 6am wake-up call popped into my head.

Nap time used to be my me time, but recently Kaylee has only been napping about 1 day a week and so this time is no longer relaxing for me. So I was spending the entire day stressed by the girls and whatever moods they are in that day.

Needless to say, the last 2 weeks have been wonderful. They have definitely still had their moments where I want to scream and pull my heart out, but I have found that in those moments I have been able to exhibit much more self-control over my mood and my response than in the few weeks leading up to these. I do not think it is by my own power, but by God through me. He has filled me with His Spirit and helped me overcome whatever obstacle the girls throw at me.

I do not know if this 6am wake-up call is forever or just for this stage of life, but I am grateful for these 2 hours. They refresh me. Even though I may be sleepy. They give me rejuvenation and make me feel better about myself. They may not be at the time that I would prefer them, but they are exactly what I need to get through my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...