Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Today I Praise

People say some interesting things. I know they mean well, but they come across so horribly.

This time the offender was someone very close to me.

My brother.

Basically, he told me that I need to find something to praise God for through losing the baby. I know you are thinking he is right. And I agree. But the timing was wrong. And I am still so confused and lost in what to think of God right now that I was not ready for those words to be said to me.

But.

This last Sunday Pastor Tom spoke on the massacre that happened when Herod decided to kill all of the  boys under two when he learned that he had been tricked by the magi. Again I found myself hearing those words that Michael said.

Jesus gave His life so that we can have eternal life one day with Him.

 In that promise, I know I will see my baby someday.

And while my heart is still broken. My spirit crushed. I praise God.

I praise Him for my husband and the strong support he has been. He has shown me compassion and love in some very sacrificial ways.

I praise Him for Kaylee and Elanor. They are the little miracles that He has entrusted to me. They bring so much joy to my daily life.

I praise Him for all of you. You have been so encouraging and supportive.

I kept wanting God to make me "feel" better and instead He has used Adam, the girls, and all of you to bring my heart comfort.

Today I praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...