Monday, February 11, 2013

Mrs. Watson

When I was in the 6th grade I met one of the nicest people I have ever known. I was nervous about starting 6th grade and moving up to the Middle School, but very excited to see my friends and talk about the summer.

Me in Middle School 


One of the first of my teacher's that I met was Mrs. Watson. She taught computer class.

During those first days, I learned where my fingers should sit when typing and where each letter was located. (I still remember the phrases for each row of letters.)

Quickly, I grew a love for computers. My parents usually dropped me off early for school so instead of sitting in the halls or in homeroom doing nothing, I would go to Mrs. Watson's room. I would boot up all the computers with my password which was also a nickname that my friends called me. Then, I would help her set up the room for the day.

Mrs. Watson was the nicest teacher. She was always really sweet and caring. She was so patient which now that I have my own kids, I am amazed at anyone that has this trait. If you didn't get something right away, she would keep teaching you until you finally had your ah-ha moment.

When I was getting ready to graduate and head off to high-school, she wanted to do something special for me to thank me for all the times I helped her. She took me to the mall and bought me a ring with my birthstone. Then, she took me to get Glamour Shots done which was quite the rage then. This day was one of the funnest days I have ever had.

Me in High School wearing the ring


Glamour Shots (Yes, this hair was in style.) 


As I look back and remember her, I am so grateful for her. She made middle school so much more fun and enjoyable for me. I cannot say enough how thankful I am for her as a teacher. Her impact on my life is one of the reasons I desire to work with high school students. I hope to make an impact on them the way she did me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...