Wednesday, October 30, 2013

39 Weeks

Well, I made it to 39 weeks. It is hard to believe that 39 weeks have flown by. Flown is probably not the right word. Most weeks have crawled by. Especially the weeks that we were trying to sell our house. 

But here we are. I am quite ready to meet this little girl. Sleep has become uncomfortable and rare. Walking and getting things done have been difficult.

There is this tiny part of me that wants the pregnancy to last a little longer. Since this will be our last pregnancy, I would like to savor those last precious kicks, nudges, and hiccups. Hearing that heartbeat at the appointments and seeing my completely round tummy in the mirror. (still so strange and new to me)  

This is the first pregnancy that my belly button has popped. (I have a freckle on the inside of my belly button and never knew!) This is the first pregnancy that I have craved salt instead of sugar. (Hello McDonald's fries.) And the first pregnancy that I have actually nested. (Cleaning is done and I am making homemade bread.) It is truly amazing to me that with all 3 girls I have had some major differences between pregnancies.

Hopefully, our newest addition will be the focus of my next post. :)

Happy Wednesday and happy 39 weeks to me! The end is in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...