Monday, March 31, 2014

Cheesy Corn Bites

My intention was to do this recipe about a month ago. And it didn't happen. So my cilantro went bad. But hey, the recipe was still a good one. This recipe is a Rachel Ray recipe from this website adapted by me. I will review it below. In the meanwhile, here is the recipe:

Cheesy Corn Bites


Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes


Yield: 48 servings



Bite sized cheese and corn appetizers. Super easy to make, and they will disappear quickly!

INGREDIENTS
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
1 large egg
1/2 cup frozen Husk corn kernels
48 scoop-shaped tortilla chips
chopped cilantro, for sprinkling



INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat the oven to 350F. Set the chips out on a baking sheet.
In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheese, egg and corn; mix completely. 



Place 1 teaspoon of the mixture into each corn chip. 



Bake until the filling sets, about 20 minutes.



Sprinkle the corn bites with the cilantro and serve warm.

Ease:
These were super easy to make. The most time consuming part was putting the mixture into the chips.

The Family Test:
The girls and I loved the flavor and gobbled them up. Adam was not a fan because the chips got a little soggy as they sat on the counter. (He was not home right when they came out of the oven so his tasting of them was not fresh.)

Will I make them again?
Yes, but not the same way. I think next time I would rather just spread the mixture of cream cheese, egg, and corn in the bottom of a glass pie plate. Put the shredded cheese over the top. And bake it like a dip. Simply because the chips did get soggy as they cooled. I know you are suppose to eat them right away while they are warm, but if I were making them for guests I would not want them to get soggy chips if they waited to get food or were last in line. The mixture is really yummy and I definitely enjoyed the sweetness of Husk corn in with the spicy pepper jack cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...