Monday, March 31, 2014

Lately

Our March was super crazy busy and awesome!

The month started out with Indy Con, our local gaming convention that Adam helps run. It is an invitation only 3 day board game convention limited to 150 people. 3 full days of board gaming with Adam without our girls so we get to game with each other.


The second weekend Adam went to a tournament with our friend Jeremy, and Jeremy's wife came over with their daughter Paige to hang out while they were gone. We spent the morning at Target. (of course I couldn't get a picture of all 3 of them looking.)

    

The third weekend was full of celebration. My parents came into town on Thursday and it was nice to have some time with them alone before all of the festivities. Friday, my Mema and Pepa came. I haven't seen them in person in 4 years! It was definitely wonderful to see them and hug their necks. Saturday we took them to Carmel and went to Bubs for lunch. It was a tad cold so we didn't spend as much time outside as we would have liked, but it was still a fun day. Sunday we had Charlotte's dedication at church, lunch afterwards, and then Elanor's birthday party that evening. Adam's family and my Uncle Dennis and his family came for the festivities along with a few friends that joined us for the dedication. It was such a fun busy day and I was exhausted by the end of it. The weekend as a whole was a blast. My cup was full and running over after the weekend ended.







The third weekend was our usual game day that we have every month. We have been averaging 20 people and this month did not disappoint. Annie, at one point, had all of the little girls on the couch with her.


The last weekend of the month I went to my very first home-school convention with my mother-in-law, Markita. It was a day packed with sessions and walking around the exhibit hall looking at curriculum. First off, I must admit, I enjoyed the sessions that I went to. They were incredible and insightful. They were both by Heidi St John, who is a tremendous speaker not only about home-schooling, but about being a momma in general. Looking forward to reading her book. I also had a marvelous time talking with Markita about life and about my handsome husband. It was really a great day.


April isn't as packed as March was, but I am really looking forward to what is on the calendar so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...