Friday, April 23, 2010

27th Birthday!


Today is Adam's birthday and I have been frantically busy all day. Today was a flex day at school so I had the day off. I have been cooking all day, never leaving the kitchen except to change an occasional diaper. Adam and I haven't been on a date in about a month and so I am super excited about this evening. We are dropping Kaylee off at a friend's house and then heading to Yats for dinner and then a movie. It is going to be my the first movie I have seen in the theater since July when my friend Meggan was visiting!

When I first met Adam, I was not a big fan. Actually, my first day at Vennard he came up and introduced himself to my family. My Mom loved him at first sight. Sure, I thought he was super good-looking, but I was not interested. Over a period of months we became great friends through our interest in Smallville the television show. We would watch it on our own and call each other afterward to talk about it. Finally, one evening during the last few days before summer break, Adam asked me for a walk. We walked for what seemed like forever just talking about our hopes and dreams. After this walk I felt like things were about to change.
During the summer he would call and after a brief visit we talked about dating, but I had some serious trust issues and was not quite ready for a relationship. In August, when school reconvened he made me a necklace out of hemp, which takes 3 chords. He came to give me the necklace sharing a passage from Ecclesiastes 4 telling me that if we try this and do it with God we can make it. (Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone.Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.) He asked me to put the necklace on if and when I am ready for a relationship with him.

After a month of deliberating I finally was ready to move forward so I put on the necklace.


As I look back on our relationship I cannot say enough how grateful I am for this man. God truly gave me a wonderful blessing in such a great husband. He is a solid man with good morals and values. He shares my love for God and my passion for being involved in our church. He shows me love even when I do not deserve it. (This may come as a shock, but I am not always the easiest person to live with.) He makes me happy and is an excellent father to our baby girl. He is my Prince, my Cowboy and my Love.

Thank you God for bringing him into my life and for letting me keep him. :)

Happy Birthday, Adam!

Joyful Moment of the Day: Hearing my favorite songs on the radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...