Friday, October 14, 2011

Rise and Shine and Give God the Glory

This morning was one of the scariest moments I have experienced since we have had our girls.

Ella had woke up crying around 5:15 and after putting her paci in several times over the next hour I decided to just go rock her for a little while to get her back to sleep. By this time it is about 6:40. Adam had just left for work.

I went into her room and immediately smelt something burning. (I had not smelled this the other times I had gone in there.)

Being deathly afraid of fire, I of course do the wise motherly thing and start spazzing.

I start crying out to God, praying fervently.

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
Psalm 56:2-4


I flip on Ella's light and shut off her fan. Pick her up and try not to panic. Her room has a haze, but it is not thick like smoke. I take her to the living room and place her in the pack-n-play.

Kaylee is awake from Ella crying anyway, so I run into her room and flip the light on. Her room is worse and smells terrible. I quickly unplug her fan thinking it may be that since it sort of smells like burnt rubber. Then I tell her to go to the couch and lay down while I run downstairs and look around.

I see nothing. Smell nothing. More prayers.

It is somewhere in the girls' rooms. I run back up and look around some more.

After looking around for about 10 minutes, Ella still screaming, I decided that Kaylee's old box fan had malfunctioned and was what was burning. After calling Adam and checking everything, I calmed down and started praising God for His provision in having Ella cry more than she usually does.

Now that it is several hours since this crazy frightening event, I am almost certain it was indeed Kaylee's fan. (I don't think it was running when I went to unplug it earlier, but in my panic I did not notice.)

Again, praise God for protecting my little girls!!!

I will proclaim the name of the LORD. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!
Deuteronomy 32:2-4



The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!
Psalm 18:45-47



You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely.
Psalm 59:16-17

3 comments:

  1. HOLY COW! What a scary start to a morning (though that sure got you moving!)...Praise the Lord He kept you awake to find the problem! I pray you're all able to relax some this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! This is my worst nightmare!!! I think about fires in Thomas's room all the time and plan out ways to get him out from all directions! haha. I am so glad you are all OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You guys and burning items... Thank the Father He protected your precious girls!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...