Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ella's Endeavors

Can you believe my little Ella is almost 1?

I seriously cannot believe it. Where has the time gone?

She is everywhere though as a blatant sign to me that she is nearing her first birthday. Especially when she is pulling up on the furniture. She does crawl some, but usually it is with one leg out. I call it her peg leg crawl. She still prefers to scoot on her bottom as her way of getting around.

Ella can say Da-Da, night night, Momma, hi, and I am pretty sure she says her own name sometimes.

She finally has two teeth on bottom and is working on two top teeth. It is so weird to me because Kaylee had a mouthful of teeth by this point.

The last week with Ella has been difficult as she has been really sick. It started with a fever and cold like symptoms. She slept on us pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday and has been super cuddly and clingy the rest of the week. By the 4th morning of fever I called her doctor. (I only waited that long because of their website information.) So on Tuesday morning I took her to the doctor to find out she has an ear infection and that some of the infection is in her lungs. The doctor gave her a breathing treatment while we were there to see if it would help at all. Thankfully, it did. After the appointment, I took both girls to CVS to pick up the antibiotic, the ear drops, and the medication for the nebulizer. (And was hoping the nebulizer itself.) CVS for some reason does not bill insurance for it so I could buy one from them or I would have to go somewhere else.  In the process of walking around CVS waiting, I called my insurance to see if they covered the nebulizer or if I would have to buy/rent one on my own. Insurance does cover the machine, but since CVS did not bill insurance I was going to have to make another stop. The agent was really nice and tried to help me find a place to get one, but unfortunately the number of the place she gave me was disconnected so I had to try to find a place on my own with the girls in tow. Fortunately, CVS knew that there was a place across the street that could bill insurance so I took both girls over there to see if they were in our network or not. While they were checking on that, I took Kaylee and Ella home to feed them as it was now 1. Thankfully, that place was in network so after lunch I went and picked up the machine. I got back to the house around 2:45 and got the girls into bed by 3:10. It was a very stressful afternoon. All of that was to let you know that Ella is now on breathing treatments 3 times a day for the next 2 weeks, hopefully weaning her off of them slowly. She seems to be feeling a little better as she has been playing more with Kaylee again, but she definitely is not back to normal.

Ella is a happy girl and loves playing with Kaylee. Hopefully, she will feel better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...