Tuesday, April 10, 2012

5 Weaknesses - Check

Describe 5 weaknesses you have.


I find this one to be super personal. But here we go.


1. Food - Especially sweets. Over the last few months I have been trying to re-train myself to eat less and to have self-control in general when it comes to food. It has not been easy, but I am finally getting to where I am ok with the way I look. However, food is still very much a weakness for me. Specifically ice cream, Oreos, or chocolate.

2. Insecurity - This is so huge. Between the baby belly that did not leave with baby 2 and the fact that my hormones have been a huge mess since Elanor was born, I have just been on a roller coaster with myself. Again, in efforts to help this along I have gone back to number 1 trying to get rid of the baby belly. It just takes so much time to really see results and when I do not see them, my insecurity gets the best of me.

3. Patience - Oh man. I do not know what happened to my patience. I used to have incredible patience. I would hide in my brother's room for hours just waiting for him to come in so I could scare him. My patience is ultra thin now and something I really have to work on.

4. Gentleness - Have you ever met those Moms that talk so gently and sweet to their children? I know that I am not one of them. I struggle to not be harsh with my girls. Going back to my lack of patience, I simply do not have the patience to be gentle. I try, but fail miserably.

5. Anger - Goodness, these last three are all tied together for me. I have such a short fuse patience wise that I can lose my cool really fast. And because I am not a gentle person, my response is mean and sometimes loud. As Kaylee gets older, I am starting to see her behavior reflect my own and I know that this is a weakness that I need to nip in the bud before it becomes my daughter's weakness as well.

These weaknesses are things that God has been really helping me overcome. Work in progress. I praise God that I serve Him and that He gives me grace and forgiveness when these weaknesses are visible in my life and heart, and that He gives me strength and persistence to pursue growth in each of these areas.

‎2 Corinthians 12:8-10 -  8 "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...