Monday, April 23, 2012

Great - Check

What is the thing you most wish you were great at?


Self-control.

Self-control when it comes to food. No, I don't need that second piece of pie with ice cream and even though it looks so good and is calling my name, I am not going to eat it.

Self-control when it comes to time. While a nap sounds super fabulous right now, I am going to work-out instead.

Self-control when it comes to attitude. Why yes I have told you 13 times today to not put toys in your sister's clothes and I have zero patience left for this continuous behavior, but I am not going to raise my voice at you because it does neither of us any good.

Self-control when it comes to mood. The sun is not out again for the 9th day in a row and it is too chilly to take the girls outside, but I am going to make this an awesome day to make a tent and play like we are outside in the woods somewhere having a camp out.

Self-control is after all a fruit of the Spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law."

Definitely one I wish I "were great at".

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...