Wednesday, May 2, 2012

3 Memories - Check

Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
This question is part of a collection of questions that I am working through. If you want to check them out, they are all under my tab "The List".


1. The first time I broke my arm. - My Mom had dropped my brother and I off at a Mother's Day Out program for the morning. We were playing tag in the gym and the kid in front of me that I was about to tag, ducked. I did not have time to bend my arm and I ran straight into the wall with my arm outstretched, breaking both bones in half. Thankfully it was a clean break and did not go through my skin. And I was strong for my brother and did not cry until I was with my Dad at the hospital.

2. My summer Michael and I stayed with Papa and Grandma and our uncles. - My cousins, Tara and Jonie, and my brother and I went to spend what if I remember was supposed to only be a couple weeks away from our parents, but it ended up being like a month. I somehow ended up being at my Uncle Joel and Aunt Pam's (they didn't have any kids yet) house for a short bit without my cousins or brother and got to know some fabulous people in Oskaloosa. (Looking back, they probably separated us because I was pretty big brat back then.) Anyways, it was a super fun month of making music videos, dancing, getting to know my 3rd cousins, riding bikes around Osky, and having water balloon fights at Papa and Grandma's.

3. Our clubhouses in the woods in Byron. - Our house was next to some woods that was right behind a hotel. This hotel would drop mattresses and other stuff in the woods and we would use it for our clubhouses. In one of the clubhouses we hung the mattress from the tree to sit/lay on and put a couch up in the tree high up between some branches. Then in another clubhouse we had the lid of a washer as a door to get up into it. I have some great memories in these two clubhouses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...