Monday, September 24, 2012

That One Person

Several years ago I hurt someone else's feelings. Made them mad at me. Never to trust or talk to me again.

Now before you start calling me terrible names, all of the stuff I was accused of was half truths, lies from others, and just a huge misunderstanding.

However, I hate conflict.

So I told them I was sorry. And for months after it happened I prayed about it and worked on making it right with this person. I finally got to a point where I realized that there was nothing I could do to rectify the situation. God gave me peace that I had done all that I could.

While I felt God's peace, this situation still comes to my mind all these years later. Sometimes I have a hope that this person has finally forgiven me. It truly hurts my heart that the situation has still not been resolved.

Yesterday at church, our Pastor talked about the process of dealing with a major conflict within the body and this person came to mind. Once again I was given peace and understanding that I have done all that I can.

Have you ever been in this type of situation? Were you able to just forget about it and let it go?

I just keep wondering why I continue to think about it even though I have had a clear peace about it from God. Maybe it is God's constant reminder to me to forgive as He has forgave and to remind me of the pain that one carries when they have not been forgiven. Maybe it is His way of asking me to pray for this person.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...