Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Baby's Heartbeat

Yesterday I was able to hear the prettiest sound in the whole world. 

My 4th baby's heartbeat.

Yes, reader, we are pregnant again. 

It is interesting because I am not not excited. But it is not the same excitement that I felt with my first 3 babies. And so far I haven't been overly anxious or stressed. Occasionally, anxiety has been creeping in, but God has been so gracious to offer me peace when I have asked for it. I cling to Philippians 4:6-7 which says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

My appointment yesterday was a little disappointing because we found out I was not as far along as we thought. And that did bring about nervousness in the pit of my stomach. But I am truly at peace with whatever happens. God was with me when my other baby joined Him in Heaven and He is with me now as I carry this new little life inside of me.  He walks with me and I am trusting in Him completely.

We have another ultrasound next week to make sure that the baby is growing as it should. So thankful to hear that little heartbeat again so soon. 


1 comment:

  1. Your baby is fearfully and wonderfully made...praise the Lord for that little heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...