Monday, May 13, 2013

No More Sippy Cups. No More Diapers.

It has been about 2 weeks since I washed a sippy cup. I know that we are not finished with sippy cups and that they will return when the baby is old enough for them, but it still makes me face a difficult reality.

My girls are growing up.

We are still working on potty training. Someone asked me the other day how long I potty trained Kaylee for and I told them it took a year. At least that is what it felt like. A year to be accident free. Elanor is much more stubborn than Kaylee (Didn't know that was possible!!!) and so some days she has only 1 accident. Other days, she refuses to go in the toilet even with all the rewards and bribes. It will be interesting to see how long it actually takes her to finally choose to consistently use the toilet. Either way, I feel like there will be a short amount of time before this baby arrives where our house is diaper free.

I am looking forward to going through it all one last time. With the mindset of firsts being lasts.

It is crazy to think that my girls are both almost to the point where they are independent little beings.

Before I know it, they will be fighting over clothes instead of Barbies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...