Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's Been A Rough Week

So, this week has been soooo difficult! 

It started off with two of my kids pulling the fire alarm at separate times and the fire department coming out both times. I did not realize that I was in charge until this happened.  It was eventful and the fire department, rightfully so, was not happy.  Needless to say this is the first time we have had this issue with the fire alarm in the 5 years we have been at our location.  Oh and the problem - these kids do not speak or understand English. With a translator's help the next day we scared the kids into never wanting to pull the alarms again.  Hopefully.


I made all of my chicken lasagnas this week for the meal exchange and it took a lot longer than I ever thought it would. I ended up doing it over several days rather than just one day. It took a while. I wore me out and put me on my feet for too many hours. 

So, the week continued with sore feet and sleepiness.  I am exhausted.

I went into today thankful that it was the end of my work week. Tonight I went to a friend's house for a jewelry party. I had to run to get my purse from the car, emphasis on run, and I stepped on a wood chip the shape of a dagger.  It went through my shoe right into the pad of my foot.  I had to go back in with my foot bleeding all over the porch and sidewalk.  It was so gross and  I felt pretty embarrassed that I had to go into the house for the party with my nasty foot. After a band-aid  and some alcohol, things quieted down for me.

So the week ends with really sore feet and sleepiness. Did I mention that I am exhausted?

Sorry for complaining. It's been a rough week.

Joyful Moment of the Day: Sitting on the couch in my quiet house right now in my pajamas writing this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...