Tuesday, March 27, 2012

5 Happy Things - Check

What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?

1.  Date Nights - After having children, these have become so very important to Adam's and my relationship. The time away to reconnect and catch up with one another. Time to hang out and just be us. Time to refresh and lift one another up. Time to encourage one another. These nights make me happy.


2. Alone Time - Lately I have found that my alone time is very important for me to be able to function. This makes me a better wife, a better mom, a better person. This alone time is doing exactly what I need at that moment. Sometimes it is sleeping. Sometimes it is cleaning. Sometimes it is sewing. It is always time to dig into the Word and praise and worship God. This time alone with Him is my lifeline to get through the day.



3. Being Outside - I love being outside on warm sunny days. It is great because I can let the girls run around and burn off energy without having to get all of their gear in the van and go somewhere. It is like a theme park right outside the front door. A whole new word awaits!



4. Competition - Adam and I have been playing series of games, best of 5, after the girls go to bed. Not every night, but most nights. Loser gets to pick the next game. This competition proves that Adam is much better at boardgames than I am, but I get to play a lot of my favorite games so I am ok with losing.

We are also doing a different competition that is a "get healthy" competition. We have calorie goals, but the real goal is to eat at least 2 servings of fruits and vegetables plus drink at least 32 oz of water every day. So far I have lost 14 pounds and 5 inches off of my stomach which is super awesome. How could I not be happy about that?



5. Conversation - Thanks to Facetime and Skype I can have a conversation with family or friends and actually see them as if we are talking in person. This makes it possible for my girls to see my family even though they do not live close. It is pretty fantastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...