Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Valuable

Being of value has been on my mind a lot lately.

We try to find our value in so many things. Our looks. Our careers. Our relationships.

It is one of my deepest struggles. 

I know my value is found in the Lord. But knowing and hiding it in my heart to dwell on are two very different things. 

Recently our pastor was preaching on Isaiah 43. My takeaway had nothing to do with what he was preaching about and everything to do with the passage.

He has redeemed me. He has summoned me by name. I am His. He is with me through waters, rivers and fire. He is the Lord my God. My Savior. I am precious and honored in His sight. He loves me. He is with me. I have been called, created, formed and made for His glory. 

This passage applies to me through Jesus and I must dwell on it. 

My value is found in Him and Him alone. 

Everything here is so fleeting. Temporary.

Yet my heart sways and follows the temporary.

May this be an area that I grow in this year. 

That I would see myself as who I am in Christ more and more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...